Thursday, October 8, 2009

Session Four

Well, I did this a week ago and went on hols so am only now getting to the blog part. I can see the allure of podcasts and video on the net but... I find it frustrating if it takes too long to load the videos - you get visual but lose the audio which kind of negates the purpose.



I think they could be used as great marketing tools, though. I know that a number of public libraries (particularly in the states) podcast their activity sessions... can't get to preschool storytime because the kids are sick? Fine, download the podcast. Although it's a way of advertising without paying upfront advertising costs, staff time to maintain and update would need to be taken into consideration.



I added two video links into this blog because I couldn't choose between them... and RSS feeds to bloglines. I even updated my avatar the other night from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment